Hammersmith Amateur Regatta will take place in the afternoon of Saturday 24 April 2021.
The 2021 regatta is open to entries from crews representing British Rowing affiliated clubs in the upper Tideway area, i.e. those based above Hammersmith Bridge and who are able to row to and from the regatta course. Entries from other clubs will be rejected.
The course will be run on the ebb tide only from just below Chiswick Pier (with a free start) to the finish at the Corinthians Watchtower upstream of Dove Pier, a distance of approximately 1000m.
Racing will be run on a winner stays on basis to minimise land-based activity around boating and landing.
The river WILL NOT be closed to other users and normal Tideway navigation rules will apply.
ENTRIES AND PAYMENTS VIA BRITISH ROWING ONLINE ENTRY.
Entries close at 12:00 on Sunday 18 April 2021 or when fully subscribed. The draw will be made at 14:00 on Sunday 18 April 2021.
EVENTS are more limited in 2021 given the limited time for racing. Events for the following boat classes are offered in Open and Women’s categories:
- Doubling up will not be allowed (the committee may reverse this rule if entries remain low after the first few days of being open)
- Entries will be divided into events based on ranking points and additional information provided with the entry.
- Masters races may be handicapped.
- With your entry and/or by email, please advise of any flexibility to ensure competition, such as alternative events (eg swapping a 4x to a 4-).
- 4- and 2- entries: the committee expects a certain level of experience for these events (under the previous entry system, we had a minimum category of IM2 for these boats), and we reserve the right to exclude boats with particularly low ranking points. If there are mitigating circumstances for your crew then please email with the evidence.
- British Rowing membership insurance is only valid for UK residents who are resident in the UK for more than six months in a year.
- We encourage crews to pay their entry fees promptly. Entries still active (not withdrawn) at the time of the draw are expected to pay the full entry fee, even if they subsequently withdraw. Paid entries for which there is no opposition will be refunded.
- The draw will be available on www.hammersmithregatta.org by the end of Monday 19 April 2021, along with all Competitor’s Instructions.
Enquiries (no entries): Michael de Paoli, firstname.lastname@example.org